Skip to Main Content

Financial Aid Alert

Urgent! Don't miss the financial aid priority deadline: July 15.

Learn More |

Request a Curriculum or Workforce Education Transcript

Surry Community College charges a $3.00 fee for each official transcript. There is no charge for "unofficial" transcripts. It is accessible only to you and those you permit to have copies. In order for someone else to pick up your transcript, we will need your written permission with your signature allowing them to do so. They will also need to present a valid picture ID upon arrival. We cannot e-mail transcripts.

Transcript requests will not be processed if there are unpaid obligations to Surry Community College.
Please allow five business days for processing. This does not include time required for mailing, so please plan accordingly.

Curriculum Transcript Request

Your transcript is a confidential document maintained by the Records and Registration Office in Student Services. Anyone needing a transcript may choose one of the following options (Please read carefully):

  1. Students should go to the Information Desk in the Reeves (A) Building, pay the $3.00 per transcript fee (for official copies) to the cashier, and bring your receipt to the registration desk in the Student Services Office. For unofficial copies, go directly to the registration desk. We will process your request at that time.
  2. Order your transcript online through the National Student Clearinghouse. At the top of the page, choose "Order-Track-Verify" and then "Order a Transcript." On the following page, type in Surry Community College. Follow the instructions on the screen to order your transcript.

High School Equivalency (HSE) Records Request

We are pleased to announce transfer of all North Carolina High School Equivalency (HSE) records (GED, HiSET and TASC) to DiplomaSender who will fulfill all records requests on behalf of the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges, effective immediately. To request a record please visit Diploma Sender.

DiplomaSender uses the latest technology and security standards to protect data and will not work on Internet Explorer. Please use an updated browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox.

Adult High School records requests will continue to be processed at the community college where the student earned the Adult High School diploma; not by DiplomaSender, nor the HSE Records Office.

Contact Courtney Jackson,, 336-386-3663 for AHS Transcripts.

Workforce Education Transcript Request

Anyone needing a non-curriculum transcript may choose one of the following options (Please read carefully):

  1. Go to the Sells (J) Building on the main campus or the Center for Public Safety and pay the $3.00 per transcript fee (for official copies). We will process your request at that time. If you need unofficial copies, there will be no charge and unofficial copies may be requested from any of our locations.
  2. Complete the Continuing Education Transcript Request Form. Follow the instructions on the form to send it to our office by fax or postal service. The request form must contain the following information before it can be processed:
    • Current full name (and your name while attending SCC, if different)
    • Your date of birth
    • Your Social Security Number
    • Your Signature
    • Type of transcript being requested (official or unofficial)
    • Name and mailing address where we should mail your transcript
    • For Official Transcripts payment with a Visa or MasterCard will be requested by a call from the Continuing Education representative.

The College maintains accurate and confidential student records and recognizes the rights of students to have access to their educational and personal records in accordance with existing College policy and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Buckley Amendment) and its revisions.

The College may disclose, without consent, "directory" information such as a student's name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, degrees and awards, dates of attendance, and enrollment status (full or part-time).

Want to Learn More?

Choosing a college is an important decision, and we’re pleased that you’re interested in Surry Community College.