Fall 2017 Registration
Posted: Mar 24, 2017
Register now for Fall 2017 classes. The last day to register for full-session fall courses is August 1.
Apply online at www.surry.edu. Then, contact Student Services at (336) 386-3264 or email email@example.com to schedule an Academic Planning Session to meet with an advisor and register for classes. In order to schedule an appointment, you must have a complete admissions application including official transcripts and placement testing.
Current students will use Student Planning in myKnightLife to plan and register for their courses. Students who have earned fewer than 24 semester hours of credit and/or have below a 2.6 GPA must have their plan of courses approved by their advisor prior to registering for classes. Open lab sessions will be held for current students to learn the functionality of Student Planning. These labs are held: Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in E-148B. You can call (336) 386-3264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- March 27, 2017: Registration for current students begins.
- April 3, 2017: Registration for new students begins.
- May 15-16, 2017: Summer Orientation for new students.
- May 15, 2017: Financial aid, scholarship, and third-party assistance students can begin charging in the SCC Bookstore
- May 22, 2017: Summer Classes begin for first summer session.
- May 29, 2017: Memorial Day - college is closed.
- June 27, 2017: Summer Classes begin for second summer session.
- July 4, 2017: Independence Day - college is closed.
- August 1, 2017: Last day to register for full-session fall courses.
- August 7-10, 2017: Fall Orientation for new students.
- August 15, 2017: First day of Full-session fall classes.
NOTE: Continuing Education classes follow different deadlines. Check with the particular program director for more information.
You still have time to apply for Scholarships and Financial Aid for the fall. If your last name begins with A-N, please contact Ashley Tomlin at (336) 386-3529. If your last name begins with O-Z, please contact Kendra Simmons at (336) 386-3465. Payment plan options are also available to our students through our Business Office.
You can also walk-in for Financial Aid assistance Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Victory Media, a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business that connects classrooms to careers for the nation’s next generation of professionals, has named Surry Community College as a Military Friendly® School for 2017 based on services provided by the school to our nation’s military veterans. SCC has been designated “Military Friendly” every year consecutively since 2011. Tammy Fletcher is the Coordinator of Veterans Affairs at Surry Community College where she manages the Veterans Center, which was established to better serve military veterans enrolling at the college. The Veterans Center is a place where veteran students can study, relax, and have access to informational resources. For more information, contact Tammy Fletcher at (336) 386-3245 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding the placement test, please contact the Testing Center at (336) 386-3346