Tasting Room Operations
The Tasting Room Operations certificate gives students the baseline they need to succeed in the tasting room and to propel them forward into management jobs. This certificate will allow students to become more knowledgeable about all aspects of wine from viticulture and production to business and finance management with the overall emphasis on how to properly operate and organize the modern tasting room.
|VEN 130||Fundamentals of Viticulture and Enology||1||0||0||1|
|VEN 131||Wine Tasting (21+ only)||0||2||0||1|
|VEN 132||Wines of the World||1||2||0||2|
|VEN 181||Tasting Room Operations||3||0||0||3|
|VEN 182||Tasting Room Operations Lab||0||2||0||1|
|VEN 188||Wine Finance||3||0||0||3|
|VEN 189||Wine Business||2||0||0||2|
|VEN 286||Wine Marketing||3||0||0||3|
- Apply the scientific method to solve practical problems of winegrowing in the southeastern United States.
- Develop a business/marketing plan to establish and operate a vineyard and/or winery.
- Recognize and apply environmentally responsible and sustainable agricultural practices in wine grape production and in winery design and operations.
- Understand grapevine physiology and its affect on decision making in winery.
- Use crop estimates to plan winery functions and logistics to enhance safety and profitability.
Find local job opportunities, data on wages, career paths, and market trends for hundreds of careers.