The Spanish Language Certificate will provide students with the conversational skills, written skills, and the cultural background knowledge needed to effectively communicate in Spanish in the workplace, community agencies, etc.
All of the courses in this program are part of the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement and can be used to help satisfy graduation requirements for Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs. Many four-year colleges and universities require a foreign language as part of their general education requirements.
This certificate is offered to high school students through the Career and College Promise program (C55370XB).
All courses are designated as general education or elective courses under the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA).
Students who receive the Spanish language certificate will:
- Communicate effectively in Spanish at an intermediate level of fluency.
- Strengthen the development of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Comprehend text and write structurally correct compositions at an intermediate level of Spanish.
- Comprehend spoken Spanish and respond to complex questions in Spanish using advanced vocabulary.
- Think critically about the culture of Spanish speaking countries.
Print This Page: