Electrical Systems Technology - Photovoltaic Track
This curriculum is designed to provide training for persons interested in the installation and maintenance of electrical systems found in residential, commercial, and industrial facilities.
Coursework, most of which is hands-on, will include such topics as AC/DC theory, basic wiring practices, programmable logic controllers, industrial motor controls, applications of the National Electric Code, and other subjects as local needs require.
Graduates should qualify for a variety of jobs in the electrical field as an on-the-job trainee or apprentice assisting in the layout, installation, and maintenance of electrical systems.
Humanities/Fine Arts Elective list: HUM 110 or PHI 240.
Social/Behavioral Sciences Elective list: ECO 151, ECO 251, PSY 118, PSY 150, or SOC 210.
|ELC 112||DC/AC Electricity||3||6||0||5|
|ELC 113||Residential Wiring||2||6||0||4|
|ELC 125||Diagrams and Schematics||1||2||0||2|
|ELC 220||Photovoltaic Sys Tech||2||3||0||3|
|MAT 121||Algebra/Trigonometry I||2||2||0||3|
|ALT 120||Renewable Energy Tech||2||2||0||3|
|ELC 230||Wind and Hydro Power Sys||2||2||0||3|
|ELC 118||National Electric Code||1||2||0||2|
|ELC 221||Adv PVC Sys Design||2||3||0||3|
|Writing and Inquiry
|SST 130||Modeling Renewable Energy||2||2||0||3|
|ELC 117||Motors and Controls||2||6||0||4|
|ISC 112||Industrial Safety||2||0||0||2|
- Design and analyze systems in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings that meet all codes and regulations as defined by OSHA standards.
- Apply principles of mathematics and applied science to perform the laws encountered with electrical technology.
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams and blueprints.
- Recognize the need for life-long learning and possess the skills to maintain and improve technical abilities.
- Diagnose and correct electrical and electronic problems effectively using various testing instruments.
- Communicate effectively with customers and with members of multiple teams from a variety of backgrounds.
Print This Page:
$19.04 average salary per hour.
$39,600 average salary per year.
Sources for salary information obtained from O*NET. Salaries may vary for reasons including but not limited to years of experience, place of employment, and specific occupations within each industry.