Digital Media Technology
The Digital Media program prepares students for entry-level jobs in the digital design and multimedia industry. Students learn to synthesize multimedia, hypertext, computer programming, information architecture, and client/server technologies using both Internet and non-network-based media.
Students develop skills in communication, critical thinking, and problem solving as well as interface design, multimedia formats, application programming, data architecture, and client/server technologies. The program develops technical skills through practical applications that employ current and emerging standards and technologies.
Graduates should qualify for employment as web designers, graphic artists/designers, multimedia specialists, web developers, web content specialists, media specialists, information specialists, digital media specialists, animation specialists, interface designers, and many new jobs yet to be defined in this expanding field.
ONLINE PROGRAM INFORMATION: Surry offers this program online. Go to Online Learning for more information.
|CIS 110||Intro to Computers||2||2||0||3|
|DME 110||Intro to Digital Media||2||2||0||3|
|DME 115||Graphic Design Tools||2||2||0||3|
|DME 120||Intro to Multimedia Appl||2||2||0||3|
|DME 130||Digital Animation I||2||2||0||3|
|WEB 210||Web Design||2||2||0||3|
The Digital Media Technology certificate is offered to high school students through the Career and College Promise program (C25210XA).
- Think practically and creatively to analyze, synthesize, and develop design and media solutions that meet client needs.
- Demonstrate proficiency using industry standard hardware and software to generate and manipulate images, print and digital advertising, publications, websites, audio, video, motion graphics, and animation.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively troubleshoot when projects do not go as planned.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and conduct commensurate with industry expectations.
|Digital Media Certificate||In-State||Out-of-State|
|Tuition and Fees||$1,368.00||$4,824.00|
|Books and Supplies||$500.00||$500.00|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription||$360.00||$360.00|
Students enrolled in the Digital Media Technology degree or certificate programs will need a computer with the following:
- Operating System: Windows 10 or higher (64 bit) or Apple macOS 10.13 or higher
- Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- At least 8 GB of RAM
- At least 512 GB hard drive
- Graphics card with at least 2 GB of dedicated RAM
- 1280x1080 display or better
A compatible laptop is available for purchase through the SCC Bookstore.
Students enrolled in the Digital Media Technology degree or certificate programs will need an active Adobe Create Cloud (All Apps) Student and Teacher Edition subscription. This software subscription is available to students at a discounted price directly from Adobe. Students will need to purchase the “All Apps” version of the Adobe Creative Cloud Student and Teacher subscription and maintain this subscription while enrolled in the Digital Media Technology degree or certificate programs. For more information, visit https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy/students.html.
Lead Instructor - Digital Media Technology - Graphic Design
Find local job opportunities, data on wages, career paths, and market trends for hundreds of careers.