Technical Rescuer Water Certification Starts in August
The Technical Rescuer Water Certification FIP 6404 block course, presented by Surry Community College, will present the technical rescuer with the knowledge, skills and ability to satisfy the requirements of Chapters 11 and 12, surface and swift water, of NFPA 1006: Standard for Technical Rescue Professional Qualifications.
The class will be held Friday, Aug. 29, from 6 to 10 p.m.; Saturday, Aug. 30, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, Aug. 31, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday, Sept. 5, from 6 to 10 p.m.; Saturday, Sept. 6, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, Sept. 7, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday, Sept. 19, from 6 to 10 p.m.; Saturday, Sept. 20, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 21, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The course will be held at The Elkin Center, 1461 North Bridge St., Elkin. Bruce Butner will be the instructor.
This block course covers all four required parts of the Technical Rescuer Water certification course series as outlined by the NC Fire and Rescue Commission — FIP-6405 TR Water: Rescue Operations; FIP-6406 TR Water: Rescue Techniques; FIP-6407 TR Water: Rescue Transportation; and FIP-6408 TR Water: Rescue Victim Management. This transfers as one all or nothing block to the Office of State Fire Marshal (OSFM). Students must successfully complete all portions to receive certification credit for this block course.
For more information, contact Ian Harrell at (336) 386-3403 or email@example.com.
- Math Club Conducts Drive for Foothills Food Pantry
- Surry Knights Softball Team Makes Global Impact
- Surry Graduates Third Class of Truck Drivers
- Surry Community Holds Licensed Practical Nurse Graduation
- SCC Angel Tree Program Supports Forty-Five Children
- Register for Mid-Term Classes for Spring 2015
- SCC Currently Registering Students for CNA Classes to Fill Job Openings
- SCC Basic Law Enforcement Graduates Earn Perfect Pass Rate
- Surry Knights Baseball Players Assist Food Drive
- Surry Community Earns Ten Marketing Awards
- Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for Yadkin Valley Agriculture & Education Center