Surry Knights Volleyball Team Hosts Youth All Skills Camp
The Surry Community College Volleyball Team recently hosted its fifth annual All Skills Volleyball Camp.
The camp was held in the campus gym and consisted of two separate sessions over a four-day period. The Lady Knights worked with a total of 28 campers of various ages on serving, passing, spiking, digging and other skills during the camp.
“We had a tremendous camp, and all of those that attended received some great instruction from our players and coaches,” said Surry Head Volleyball Coach Jan Marion-Kiser. “Our college team members did an outstanding job with helping teach and develop the fundamentals of volleyball. Hopefully this camp helped to spark an interest in young girls to play volleyball. There are a lot of very talented young volleyball players in our area.”
At the conclusion of the camp, several door prizes and awards were presented along with all participants receiving a camp shirt. The Lady Knights are coming off a 15-12 season in 2013. Surry will open up the 2014 volleyball season on Sept. 4, hosting Lenoir Community College at 5 p.m. and Pitt Community College at 7 p.m.
- Surry Offers Technology Classes to Job Seekers
- Shag Classes Spring 2015
- Surry Announces Top Students for Fall 2014
- Detention Officer Certification Class Earns Perfect Pass Rate
- SCC BLET Graduates Earn Perfect Pass Rate Again
- Upholstery Classes to be Taught at Pilot Center
- Small Business Center announces upcoming events
- Truck Driver Training Classes