Scholarships Available for SCC Certification Courses
Surry Community College will be able to award 10 State Employees’ Credit Union scholarships at $750 each for the 2014-2015 school year.
The SCC Corporate and Continuing Education Division will award five of the scholarships in the fall 2014 semester and five in the spring 2015 semester. Students who are enrolled in the Basic Law Enforcement Training, Certified Production Technician, EMT Basic, EMT Paramedic, Nurse Aide I & II, and Basic/Advanced Welding may apply.
Applications must be sent to Sherry White in the Corporate & Continuing Education Office (J-Building, Room 120A) on the SCC Main Campus no later than 6 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 18.
To be considered for this scholarship program, an individual must be a U.S. and North Carolina citizen residing in Surry or Yadkin counties who is either an unemployment insurance claimant, an unemployed/underemployed adult, a member of the NC National Guard, or a military veteran or spouse. Underemployed is defined as individuals earning 200 percent below the federal poverty level. Preference will be given to students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs. Applicants cannot be a director, employee or family member of an employee of the State Employees’ Credit Union or SECU Foundation.
In 2012, the SECU Foundation established a Continuing Education Scholarship Program to help remove financial barriers for students seeking to gain new skills or to upgrade current job-related skills. Annually, the SECU Foundation provides a total of 580 scholarships – 10 scholarships at $750 for each of the 58 community colleges in North Carolina.
To receive a scholarship application or more information, please contact Sherry White at (336) 386-3399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Math Club Conducts Drive for Foothills Food Pantry
- Surry Knights Softball Team Makes Global Impact
- Surry Graduates Third Class of Truck Drivers
- Surry Community Holds Licensed Practical Nurse Graduation
- SCC Angel Tree Program Supports Forty-Five Children
- Register for Mid-Term Classes for Spring 2015
- SCC Currently Registering Students for CNA Classes to Fill Job Openings
- SCC Basic Law Enforcement Graduates Earn Perfect Pass Rate
- Surry Knights Baseball Players Assist Food Drive
- Surry Community Earns Ten Marketing Awards
- Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for Yadkin Valley Agriculture & Education Center