The Office Administration curriculum prepares individuals for positions in administrative support careers. It equips office professionals to respond to the demands of a dynamic computerized workplace.
Students will complete courses designed to develop proficiency in the use of integrated software, oral and written communication, analysis and coordination of office duties and systems, and other support topics. Emphasis is placed on non-technical as well as technical skills.
Graduates should qualify for employment in a variety of positions in business, government, and industry. Job classifications range from entry-level to supervisor to middle management.
ONLINE PROGRAM INFORMATION: Surry offers this program online. Go to Online Learning for more information.
- Demonstrate competency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs.
- Demonstrate competency in written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate professional skills, behaviors, and conduct commensurate with industry expectations.
- Demonstrate speed and accuracy in creating letters, memos, tables, reports, and other documents required in an office setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete a variety of office tasks including accounting/financial transactions, records management, and office management skills.
Print This Page:
Division Chair - Business Technologies
(336) 386- 3352
$15.79 average salary per hour.
$32,840 average salary per year.
Sources for salary information obtained from O*NET. Salaries may vary for reasons including but not limited to years of experience, place of employment, and specific occupations within each industry.