The Office Administration curriculum prepares individuals for employment as administrative office personnel who use skills in the areas of office management, office finance, legal office, virtual office, customer service, and office software.
Coursework includes computer applications, oral and written communication, analysis and coordination of office tasks and procedures, and records management.
Graduates should qualify for employment in a variety of office positions in business, government, and industry.
ONLINE PROGRAM INFORMATION: Surry offers this program online. Go to Online Learning for more information.
Note: OST 131 is a prerequisite to several classes in the Office Administration program. It is critical that OST-131 be completed during the first semester of the program.
- Demonstrate competency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs.
- Demonstrate competency in written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate professional skills, behaviors, and conduct commensurate with industry expectations.
- Demonstrate speed and accuracy in creating letters, memos, tables, reports, and other documents required in an office setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete a variety of office tasks including accounting/financial transactions, records management, and office management skills.
Print This Page:
$15.79 average salary per hour.
$32,840 average salary per year.
Sources for salary information obtained from O*NET. Salaries may vary for reasons including but not limited to years of experience, place of employment, and specific occupations within each industry.