Mechatronics Engineering Technology
The Mechatronics curriculum prepares the students to use basic engineering principles and technical skills in developing and testing automated, servo-mechanical, robotic, and other electromechanical systems used in advanced manufacturing. Includes instruction in prototype testing, manufacturing and operational testing, systems analysis and maintenance procedures.
These curriculums are designed to prepare students through the study and application of principles from mathematics, natural sciences, and technology and applied processes based on these subjects. Course work includes mathematics, natural sciences, engineering sciences and technology.
Graduates should be qualified for employment in industrial maintenance and manufacturing including assembly, testing, startup, troubleshooting, repair, process improvement, and control systems, and should qualify to sit for Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI) mechatronics or similar industry examinations.
Humanities/Fine Arts Elective list: HUM 110 or PHI 240.
Social/Behavioral Sciences Elective list: ECO 151, ECO 251, GEO 111, PSY 150, or SOC 210.
|CIS 110||Intro to Computers||2||2||0||3|
|ELC 112||DC/AC Electricity||3||6||0||5|
|ELC 125||Diagrams and Schematics||1||2||0||2|
|HYD 110||Hydraulic Pneumatics I||2||3||0||3|
|MAT 121||Algebra/Trigonometry I||2||2||0||3|
|ATR 112||Intro to Automation||2||3||0||3|
|ENG 111||Writing and Inquiry||3||0||0||3|
|MEC 111||Machine Processes I||1||4||0||3|
|MNT 110||Intro to Maint Procedures||1||3||0||2|
|ELC 117||Motors and Controls||2||6||0||4|
|ISC 112||Industrial Safety||2||0||0||2|
- Demonstrate proficiency in Mechatronics systems;
- Perform preventive maintenance on various industrial systems involving electronics, PLCs, robotics, sensors, actuators, fluid mechanics, instrumentation, and controls;
- Write programs for control devices used in Mechatronics systems;
- Demonstrate techniques used in troubleshooting problems in mechatronics systems;
- Effectively describe the function of components used in closed loop systems;
- Identify opportunities to apply lean manufacturing and predictive maintenance techniques to Mechatronics systems;
- Perform all work safely per established industry standards.
Print This Page:
Lead Instructor - Mechatronics
(336) 386- 3302
$23.03 average salary per hour.
$47,910 average salary per year.
Sources for salary information obtained from O*NET. Salaries may vary for reasons including but not limited to years of experience, place of employment, and specific occupations within each industry.